Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My parents took Alaina strawberry picking recently and Emi gobbled up the strawberries. I didn't get a bib onto her in time -- oops!


It's always fun to play with pillows:



Look at this adorable smile! I just want to cover her with kisses!


I met my friend for a walk through the park while the husbands took the kids to a bounce house place. It was a beautiful time, and Emi enjoyed getting set free from the stroller occasionally to explore:





Emi's first baseball game. I don't know if I'll leave this picture up because it didn't go well and we might not want to remember it. 


Emi and I had a secret Panera date yesterday while Alaina was at VBS. She enjoyed little bagel bites, fruit, and shared a mango smoothie with me.


Leaning sideways to see the baby in the camera...;-)


I'm starting to have some fun moments of communication with Emi. Yesterday morning I asked her if she wanted cereal, toast, or a waffle for breakfast. She kind of whimpered after cereal, again after toast, and then after I said "waffle" she got quiet and then said "Wa!" Such a seemingly small interaction, but it excited me because I was able to ask her preference on something and she verbally communicated what she wanted. Hopefully the fact that I understood will motivate her to do so again. 

One of Emi's 1-year molars has sprouted...there was one painful night. I'm guessing the other three won't be far behind. She still loves going places, being outside, seeing people, music, and is still very curious and friendly. She likes to look at things to figure out how they work. Yesterday she examined the part of the porch glider that makes it slide back and forth. She can now open all the interior doors in the house. That took Alaina longer because we had regular knobs whereas now we have a different type of handle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment